Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Where I have Been

Those of you who know me in the "real world" already know where I've been and what has been occupying my time.  But, this post is for those of you who don't know me apart from cyber-space and think I dropped off the face of the earth!

We were so thankful in early June to discover that we are expecting Baby #5!!!  We feel so amazed that God has chosen to bless us again, even while feeling overwhelmed.  The first couple of weeks after we found out that this baby is on his/ her way were wonderful, but soon the "morning sickness" hit...hard!  I'm not exactly sure who decided it should be called morning sickness, but I would like to meet them at about 4 in the afternoon during my first trimester!  For me, nothing helps to alleviate the nausea, although I.V. fluids do help the massive migrains I get from dehydration.  At 7 weeks, a perigestation hemorrhage was discovered and one doctor actually told me I had virtually no chance of keeping this baby.  We have had 3 ultrasounds now and are keeping a close eye on the bleed, but it seems to be shrinking and I am praying that it won't be visible during the next ultrasound at the end of the month.

So, here I am at almost 16 weeks, still nauseous, but able to eat willingly.  I lost about 30 pounds during the last two months, but my appointment with my OB/GYN yesterday showed that I weigh exactly the same as I did 3 weeks ago, so I am thinking that the worst is definitely behind me. 

My goals now include reclaiming my house (2 months worth of cleaning and organizing takes a while to catch up on!) and settling into our homeschooling routine!

What have you been up to for the last couple of months?

No comments:

Post a Comment