Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Portfolio Review

Today was our mid-year home school portfolio review.  I always get nervous, but this time it was better.  I always worry that we aren't doing everything they think we should be doing.  Alex really struggles with reading, but excels in math.  All around me, though, it seems there are first graders reading at college level (okay that might be stretching it a bit).  I was thankful that my reviewer seemed very comfortable with the level of reading he is doing and reassured me by telling me that no one likes math and reading.  All kids like one or the other and most children don't enjoy math to the extent that he does.  It is always good to hear that you are doing a good job...even if the opinion of the public school system usually doesn't matter to me in the least.  Now I am feeling a renewed zeal to get back to school tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment